La Figar is a typical Asturian farmhouse with balcony facing south and a large overhang of the roof. We believe it was built in 1905, on the spot where an older house stood. It is not a typical holiday rental, in the sense that it is primarily our family holiday home.
We have been working on it for the last few years as time and finances allowed. It is loved by the family and it has everything we need for a comfortable stay.
The house consists of three floors and sleeps up to 6 people.
- Very large open porch, with table, benches and cane chairs, ideal to sit admiring the views or have your meal. Two additional loungers in the workshop.
- Large open plan living room with wood burner, (wood provided). TV and large selection of DVD’s, music equipment and a pair of congas with instruction book and DVD.
- Shower room with multi function shower. Washer, iron, ironing board.
- The open plan kitchen is compact and well equipped: electric hob, countertop oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, kettle, toaster and a slow cooker.
- Double room with a king size bed, wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- Twin room with wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- Spacious bathroom with shower above.
- Very large landing leading to a very large balcony 6m long and 2m deep. It also has access to the patio at the back of the house via 6 steps.
- Twin room, a bathroom and a large landing with a day bed. (Folding bed also available)
There are smoke and carbon monoxide alarms in both floors.
The furniture in the house is what you would expect from a traditional farmhouse: all wood, practicable items, which are from relations in Spain and England, except the mattresses, which are new.
There are umbrellas for beach and rain, beach towels and walking sticks. We keep a supply of information leaflets, attractions and road and walking maps of the area.
All linen, towels and cleaning products are provided.
We have a small rockery in front of the house and the fig tree, of course. The area in front of the house is ours to use, but not ours to enclose. We use it for parking and sunbathing.
The patio at the back of the house has a bench table; more comfortable seating can be moved there from the balcony or the porch.